Oats idli is definitely a very healthy food for breakfast if you want to lose weight. It packs the nutrients of oats into it. You can also make these oats idli for snacks. This oats idli recipe in Hindi is very easy.
1/2 cup Quaker Oats
1/2 cup Semolina
1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
1/4 cup finely chopped French beans
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 cup yoghurt
Salt to taste
1/2 sachet eno
Oil to grease the idli mould
How to make oats Idli Recipe:
1. Put oats in a grinder and grind into fine powder.
2. Put semolina, oats, and yoghurt in a mixing bowl and mix it well. Cover it and let the batter rest for 15-20 minutes.
3. After 15 minutes uncovered the batter and add finely chopped carrot, french beans, asafoetida and salt. Now add water gradually and make a smooth batter. Keep on adding water until you get the proper consistency. The batter should not be very thick or thin. The consistency of the batter should be pourable or medium thick.
4. Batter is ready now but before adding eno keep the water for boiling and grease the mould.
5. Take a deep pan and pour 1 1/2 glasses of water in it and let the water boil. Make sure that the water should start boiling before placing the idli mould in it.
6. Now take an Idli mould and grease the idli moulds with some oil and keep aside.
7. At the very end add eno and mix it well. After adding eno/soda do not stir too much otherwise bubbly effect will go away. After adding eno fruit salt doesn’t keep batter for a long time otherwise Idli will not be spongy so spread the batter immediately.
8. Put the idli mould in boiling water, cover with the lid and cook it for 7-8 minutes on medium flame.
9. After 7-8 minutes uncovered the lid and you will see the Oats idli has become fluffy. Take out the idli mould from the pan and let it cool down for some time. Once it cools down a bit scratch the sides with knife or spoon and removes the Oats Idli from it.
10. Serve Oats Idli hot. It goes well with coconut/nariyal chutney but if you do not have nariyal chutney can serve with any coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.