These easy to make gluten-free banana pancakes are not only tasty but just 27 calories each and count towards your 5 a day!
Sign up to our newsletter: https://www.wcrf-uk.org/uk/here-help/enews
Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wcrfuk/
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/wcrf_uk
Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wcrfuk/
Visit our Website: https://www.wcrf-uk.org
Subscribe to this Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCczTO0lA-8ZjihC0la2vPUA?sub_confirmation=1
Ingredients (Serves 2)
1 large, ripe banana, peeled and chopped up
2 medium eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Place the banana in a mixing bowl and mash up to form a smooth paste, using a fork or potato masher.
2. Crack the eggs into the bowl with the banana and whisk with a fork to form a batter.
3. Add the baking powder and cinnamon and mix thoroughly.
4. Coat a large, non stick frying pan with spray oil, and heat over a medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of the batter per pancake to the pan, keeping them well spaced – you may only be able to cook 3-4 pancakes at a time. Cook for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom, then flip over with a spatula and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Serve on their own or with a spoonful of fat-free Greek yoghurt and berries.
You could add orange zest to the batter and use roast almond flakes instead of berries.
We welcome your feedback.
5 A DAY:0.5